I have been given the opportunity for the journey of a lifetime - to volunteer in orphanages of Southeast Asia. While traveling and volunteering in Nepal and Thailand, I hope to contribute significant research to the field of children's human rights. The children of these countries suffer unbearable realities of human rights violations through child labor, bonded slavery, and sexual exploitation. As work for my graduate thesis, I am researching the organizations that exist to return these unfortunate children to their childhood.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stopover in LA!



From Monday thru Wednesday I have been fortunate enough to spend a few days with my brother Jason, Sister-in-Law Daria, and my precious niece and nephew, Talia and Quinn. Our favorite part of the visit was our trip to the zoo yesterday - pictures are on the blog!

In about 8 hours I will be heading off to the airport for my two-day (!!!) flight to Nepal!!

2 comments:

RML said...

Good Fortune ... have a great ride.
Give the twins a squeeze for us.

Love,

Your Flamly (sic)

Che  said...

You guys looks fabulous! Who is the Primate? Good luck with your trip McK!

CK