I have been given the opportunity for the journey of a lifetime - to volunteer in orphanages of Southeast Asia. While traveling and volunteering in Nepal and Thailand, I hope to contribute significant research to the field of children's human rights. The children of these countries suffer unbearable realities of human rights violations through child labor, bonded slavery, and sexual exploitation. As work for my graduate thesis, I am researching the organizations that exist to return these unfortunate children to their childhood.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

sweet comment

I just finished dinner (delicious as always!) with the boys. They secretly share food, or dump food on their neighbor's plate if they don't want it! One of the boys was sliding his plate around to everyone. I looked at him with question in my eyes and he said, "sister, sharing is caring." He gave me a big smile and then went back to eating. I could not stop laughing! It was just so sweet, but he is such a jokester that I never know if he's serious or not! Oh, and apparently I've picked up poor eating habits from our youngest boy, because I mix my dahl (lentils) and baht (rice) around on my plate, making a mess of my food. I keep forgetting that there are manners involved when I have my hand in my plate!

No comments: