I have been given the opportunity for the journey of a lifetime - to volunteer in orphanages of Southeast Asia. While traveling and volunteering in Nepal and Thailand, I hope to contribute significant research to the field of children's human rights. The children of these countries suffer unbearable realities of human rights violations through child labor, bonded slavery, and sexual exploitation. As work for my graduate thesis, I am researching the organizations that exist to return these unfortunate children to their childhood.

Friday, June 6, 2008

more sights...

I forgot to mention a few other sights, one comical, the other not.... I laugh when I see boys and men wearing tshirts of Brittney Spears (back when she was a teenager)!!! The sad visions are the countless number of street dogs. Nepalese do not have pets, so instead of being properly cared for, there are endless puppies and dogs roaming the streets. My first instinct was to of course pet them, but with the risk of rabies I just have to pass them by. Thankfully there is an organization that works to care for these poor animals.

No comments: