I have been given the opportunity for the journey of a lifetime - to volunteer in orphanages of Southeast Asia. While traveling and volunteering in Nepal and Thailand, I hope to contribute significant research to the field of children's human rights. The children of these countries suffer unbearable realities of human rights violations through child labor, bonded slavery, and sexual exploitation. As work for my graduate thesis, I am researching the organizations that exist to return these unfortunate children to their childhood.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yay for earthquake survival food!

Bonnie was doing inventory of supplies for AmaGhar's earthquake survival kits. Most of the food was close to expiration, so she decided to cook it for lunch. When Bonnie came to our door asking if we wanted pasta and tomato sauce, Adelaide and I were running down the stairs!!! Oh the joy of eating something different!!! We both inhaled the pasta and were also treated with Tang! I felt like I was having a Thanksgiving feast! It was quite humorous though that few of the children shared our excitement about the meal. Most didn't like pasta, others wouldn't try it. Being typical teenage boys, I laughed as the boys mixed their pasta with Tang, hoping for a better taste! At least the kids know they don't share our passion for Italian food!

2 comments:

Daria said...

Glad to hear you got such a delicious treat and thanks for all of the recent updates and fun pictures. Wish you the best! xoxoDaria

John said...

Good idea to use up the nearly outdated food. That sets a good example of how practical that can be. I hope it was replaced with new items.

John